Have you been affected by the current recession? It seems like this economy is going down the crapper pretty fast. If you haven’t been affected I bet you know someone who has. I just found out that someone close to me was just laid off (along with 200 other people). I won’t get into the politics of this, but I will say that greed is the reason that we’re in this mess…(sorry for the tangent).
Here’s how we can live with common cents in our uncertain times:
1. Don’t put your trust and hope in our man made governments or our worldly economy.
2. You’re apart of God’s economy. (You know?!?!? He does own everything)
3. Put your hope and trust in Jesus. (Proverbs 3:1-10 specifically v. 5&6)
4. My wife is the financial planner, not me, but it doesn’t take one to know that you need to save $$$ and plan for your future.
I leave you with this verse out of Psalm 46: God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging. Selah (or take a break and think about that!) There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, the holy place where the Most High dwells. God is within her, she will not fall; God will help her at break of day. Nations are in uproar, kingdoms fall; he lifts his voice, the earth melts. The LORD Almighty is with us…
5. Finally, do not be afraid, though the earth will give way and the mountains fall into the sea, and though the economy may be flushed down the crap hole. There is a river whose streams make glad the city of our God. Since God is within the river, He will not fail. God will truly help you at the break of your day. One-day governments will fall and so will our economy, but our God will be with us till the end.